Sacred Swords: Jihad in the Holy Land, 1097-1291
The Ismaili Assassins is his second book and grew out of his travels in Iran. His first book, The Knights of Islam, a history of the slave soldiers of Islam, was published in by Greenhill Books. He continues to work at producing a life of the Crusader Bohemond of Taranto but knows it will never be finished.
- Get e-book Sacred Swords: Jihad in the Holy Land, 1097–1291.
- Sacred Swords: Jihad in the Holy Land, by James Waterson, Hardcover | Barnes & Noble®!
- Sacred Swords: Jihad in the Holy Land, 1097-1291.
- SACRED SWORDS: Jihad in the Holy Land, 1097-1291.
Add to Your books. Add to wishlist.
- III. LIFE and LOSS (BEGINNINGS : Where A Life Begins Book 3).
- Download options!
- Sketches from a Celestial Sea - Mile Jetty;
Crusades 1 history 1 Islam 1 medieval 1. No current Talk conversations about this book. No reviews. Such a task is very important for contemporary geopolitical reasons besides being worthwhile from a historical perspective.
Remembering Saladin: The Crusades and the Politics of Heresy in Persian Historiography
We're sorry, something went wrong. Please try again. About this product Product Information Sacred Swords is an essential history of both the Crusades and of the Mongol invasions of the Middle East and is suffused with eyewitness accounts of battles and sieges, of political intriguing, moments of high chivalry and of extreme courage. It describes every battle and campaign from the destruction of the People's Crusade in to the conquest of Acre in and makes clear the Islamic way of war and of the warrior.
In doing so it embraces the great themes of medieval history and relates events that retain an especial relevance today. Book jacket.